Saturday, July 21, 2007

consuming the street

so i decided to step out of my cave and satisfy some cravings. this is what i was missing out on the street below:

a few of the ladies on their usual stoop but then
a row, i counted at least eight, folding beach chairs with asses in them
against the wall of the building
there were about ten other people standing around them
there was the whole backseat of an suv ripped out and positioned near the bodega
soft like movie theater seating, gray and fuzzy, comfy for the corner boys

there is an unbelievable breeze out there
and everyone was out on their porches
their concrete porches
talking shit
watching everyone
like they did
way south
of here
letting the breeze stroke them
through the slow night

so much thicker here though
more people
more gray
less green

me i was out there in basically pajamas
a long white shirt
and loose grey pajama pants
i think they're workout pants
but i wear them sleepily
the only lady i saw
dressed like me
was the young lesbian
who lives on my floor
i won't explore that

the ladies on the street
were all wearing shit pressed tight to them
there were some girls about my size
not small
rocking tight shit
flesh revealed in all the right parts
i don't have the attitude for all that
but was as glad to see them unashamed
as i was to see the gay lady of my floor
similarly unpressed

the boys i barely paid attention to
as i expected them to pay little to me
in my loose-flowing garments
though i did see
the light-skinded jay-z
i always greet
in the bodega here below
and inside my building
he wasn't behind the counter this time
was just hanging as the guys do there
the corner social club

i was on a hunt for a haagen dazs ice cream bar
vanilla and dark chocolate
i settled for milk
in three stores they were out
cuz clearly the dark chocolate is the superior product
and will sell out

i was preparing for the rest of my night
a movie night
and stocked up on the ice cream
and some more power-crack to go with my popcorn
the power-crack is easy to find here
it's the hood
they got that magic red juice at the ready
for the street consumers

i was out there
consuming
the street
as i tracked down
my fix

a little more exciting
than the morbidity
the self-absorption
of the hiding day in the cave
the previous post

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home